Race and Ethnicity
Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence at UBC
Explore anti-racism and inclusive excellence at UBC, including UBC’s commitments, news and events, and access to resources and support.
Task Force on Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence
The Task Force was created as part of the response to the institutional commitment to build a more inclusive university community.
Life in a living lab
As an eco-hydrologist, Adam Wei’s passion lies in sustainable management of forested watersheds, particularly interactions between forests, water and aquatic habitat.
“If we have a problem with forests, we’ll have a problem with water, such as droughts or floods, which will ultimately affect fish habitat. We are linked by water quality and quantity. There are many processes, and if one fails, we will see an impact in the other. Understanding these connections allows us to manage the future of forests and water resources.”
Adam Wei, Professor, EEGS
Opportunities to get involved
Learn more about funding, cultural clubs and more available at UBCO.
- Unconscious bias in faculty and leadership recruitment: A literature review
- Race, racialization and Indigeneity in Canadian universities
- UBC IGNITE Book Club
- The African Studies Minor
- The Centre for Asian Legal Studies
- The Institute of Asian Research
- The Centre for Culture, Identity and Education (CCIE)
- The Centre for India and South Asia Research (CISAR)
- The Centre for Korean Studies
- The Centre for Intercultural Language Studies