- Community leadership, academic excellence and unwavering determination lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 17
- UBCO student, human rights activist wins Lieutenant Governor’s awardJun 16
- UBC Okanagan celebrates the class of 2020Jun 15
- Want to come up with a creative idea? Here’s how.Jun 12
- UBCO researcher discusses the good, and bad, of living connectedJun 4
- From student to healthcare heroMay 5
See more news
Due to current conditions with the COVID-19 outbreak, UBC has cancelled all in-person on-campus and off-campus events until June 30, 2020, whether indoors or outdoors, that are organized by students, faculty and staff.
This is in accordance with a recommendation from Provincial Medical Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and the Ministry of Health.
For information on how UBC continues to monitor the development of the situation, including resources, visit ubc.ca.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Mathieu Bourbonnais, Professor
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
For researcher, professor and former wildland firefighter Mathieu Bourbonnais, the journey was just as sweet as the destination.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Master of Data Science
Covering all stages of the data science value chain, UBC Okanagan’s Master of Data Science program prepares graduates to thrive in one of the world’s most in-demand fields.