- UBCO experts on UN Decade of Ecosystem RestorationJun 3
- Academic excellence and volunteerism lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 2
- UBCO celebrates the class of 2021May 27
- UBC invites wine lovers to learn and wine taste virtuallyMay 26
- UBCO researcher uses geology to help astronomers find habitable planetsMay 4
- UBCO research shows a mother’s fat intake can impact infant infectious disease outcomesApr 14
See more news
Indoor events: Effective May 25, 2021, indoor events of up to 10 people are permitted, with an approved COVID-19 safety plan in place and adhering to public health guidance, including wearing masks and maintaining physical distance.
Outdoor events: Effective May 25, 2021, seated outdoor events of up to 50 people are permitted, with an approved COVID-19 safety plan in place and adhering to public health guidance.
Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Kyle Larson, associate professor,
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
Kyle Larson has visited the Nepal region to explore the Himalaya 12 times — all in the name of scholarship.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (BSc)
Investigate the origin, maintenance, and organization of biodiversity and how organisms interact within the natural world.