- UBCO researchers identify best strategy to reduce human-bear conflictJun 17
- UBCO experts on UN Decade of Ecosystem RestorationJun 3
- Academic excellence and volunteerism lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 2
- UBCO celebrates the class of 2021May 27
- UBC invites wine lovers to learn and wine taste virtuallyMay 26
- UBCO researcher uses geology to help astronomers find habitable planetsMay 4
See more news
Indoor events: Effective July 1, 2021, indoor organized gatherings of 50 people or 50% capacity (whichever is greater) are permitted.
Outdoor events: Effective July 1, 2021, outdoor organized gatherings of 5,000 people or 50% capacity (whichever is greater) are permitted.
Visit Status of Events for more information.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Kyle Larson, associate professor,
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
Kyle Larson has visited the Nepal region to explore the Himalaya 12 times — all in the name of scholarship.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (BSc)
Investigate the origin, maintenance, and organization of biodiversity and how organisms interact within the natural world.