- Radio burst in Milky Way sheds light on origins of mysterious phenomenonJan 12
- UBC Okanagan hosts virtual Nobel Night eventDec 7
- UBCO research contributes to new understanding of gastro-intestinal mucusNov 12
- UBCO experts share sweet advice about sugar and artificial sweetenersOct 28
- UBCO researchers evaluate the effects of fish oil supplementation on infants during breastfeedingSep 29
- Research and local partnerships the top priorities for UBCO’s new Irving K. Barber Faculty of ScienceSep 25
See more news
By order of the Provincial Health Officer, in-person UBC events — both indoors and outdoors — are suspended. Events are required to be held virtually with only essential staff on site in-person to support the virtual event delivery and broadcast. This is in effect until February 5, 2021, at midnight.
Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Mathieu Bourbonnais, Professor
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
For researcher, professor and former wildland firefighter Mathieu Bourbonnais, the journey was just as sweet as the destination.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Master of Data Science
Covering all stages of the data science value chain, UBC Okanagan’s Master of Data Science program prepares graduates to thrive in one of the world’s most in-demand fields.