- UBCO researchers concerned about important prey and predator species in post-fire logging areasSep 23
- Could breadfruit be the next superfood? UBC researchers say yesSep 17
- State of the Mountains highlights highs and lows of climate changeSep 3
- UBCO sustainability researchers share tips for keeping parks pristine this Labour Day long weekendSep 2
- Tŝilhqot’in Nation and UBC sign Memorandum of Understanding and Indigenous Knowledge Protocol AgreementAug 31
- UBCO researcher uses computer modelling to predict reef healthAug 25
See more news
By order of the Provincial Health Officer, in-person UBC events — both indoors and outdoors — are suspended. Events are required to be held virtually with only essential staff on site in-person to support the virtual event delivery and broadcast. This is in effect until February 5, 2021, at midnight.
Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Mathieu Bourbonnais, Professor
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
For researcher, professor and former wildland firefighter Mathieu Bourbonnais, the journey was just as sweet as the destination.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Master of Data Science
Covering all stages of the data science value chain, UBC Okanagan’s Master of Data Science program prepares graduates to thrive in one of the world’s most in-demand fields.