- Entrepreneurial GeologistJul 16
- UBCO researchers identify best strategy to reduce human-bear conflictJun 17
- UBCO experts on UN Decade of Ecosystem RestorationJun 3
- Academic excellence and volunteerism lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 2
- UBCO celebrates the class of 2021May 27
- UBC invites wine lovers to learn and wine taste virtuallyMay 26
See more news
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-calibre undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Kyle Larson, associate professor,
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
Kyle Larson has visited the Nepal region to explore the Himalaya 12 times — all in the name of scholarship.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (BSc)
Investigate the origin, maintenance, and organization of biodiversity and how organisms interact within the natural world.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science is deeply committed to creating a learning environment that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion for all our community members.
Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Mentoring Program
To support the success of young women transitioning from their undergraduate education to a career in science or engineering, and to prepare and mentor them to remain in scientific careers.