- Tŝilhqot’in Nation and UBC sign Memorandum of Understanding and Indigenous Knowledge Protocol AgreementAug 31
- UBCO researcher uses computer modelling to predict reef healthAug 25
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science welcomes Gino DiLabio as inaugural DeanAug 7
- Grizzlies change habits to coexist with people—but is it enough?Jul 6
- Community leadership, academic excellence and unwavering determination lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 17
- UBCO student, human rights activist wins Lieutenant Governor’s awardJun 16
See more news
In light of the evolving situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), many events at UBC have been postponed, cancelled or moved online. Under the current phase of BC’s Restart Plan, in-person UBC events with no more than 50 patrons in attendance are permitted — both indoors and outdoors — subject to specific UBC approvals and safety measures. This is in effect until January 3, 2021.
Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Research is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
Extreme opinions can impact the spread of a pandemic
Rebecca Tyson, a professor of mathematical biology at UBC Okanagan conducts research on how polarization and echo chambers are linked to disease spread.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured FACULTY MEMBER
Mathieu Bourbonnais, Professor
Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences
For researcher, professor and former wildland firefighter Mathieu Bourbonnais, the journey was just as sweet as the destination.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Master of Data Science
Covering all stages of the data science value chain, UBC Okanagan’s Master of Data Science program prepares graduates to thrive in one of the world’s most in-demand fields.